The Charlotte Fall Lacrosse League will be broken into 4 divisions - 3/4, 5/6, 7/8 and High School. Each team will play the other teams in their division throughout the CFLL season.
Each division will play with a mandadated pass rule throughout the entirety of the game.
- 3/4th Grade Division - 1 Completed Pass
- 5/6th Grade Division - 2 Consecutive, Completed Passes
- 7/8th Grade Division - 3 Consecutive, Completed Passes
- HS Division - 3 Consecutive, Completed Passes **Passes must occur on the offensive side of the field after clearing the ball**
The pass rule resets after a change of possession or a shot on goal has occurred but the offense retains possession. **If the offense "scores" before the required passes are completed, the play results in a turnover**
Field managers can adjusted any pass requirement rules, as appropriate.
No timeouts are permitted.
Any time-serving penalty (Personal or Techincal Fouls) will lead to the fouling player being sent off the field and the opposing team receiving a fast break. Penalties are not time serving and there will be no "man-down" situation.
Field managers will handle game time and scorekeepers will handle the score.
In the event of a tie, teams will play one continuous sudden victory overtime period. Teams will remain at the same end of the field where they finished the regulation play.No time-outs permitted. After 3 minutes of running time, overtime game play the game will end in a tie.
Decisions on the field are the final ruling. No disputes will be heard after the game.
All participating players will play with a short stick. No long-poles are permitted.
If your player's team does not have a full-time goalie, players can expect to play at least 1-half of goalie and are expected to be prepared to play in goal.
- Saying, "I do not have a cup" is not a valid excuse and can result in their playing time being limited that game.
23-minute running halves with a 3-minute halftime.